Leah Dawn Calvert (née Messer; previously Simms) is a country girl and former cheerleader from a small town called Elkview, West Virginia.
Messer and then boyfriend Corey Simms had only been dating for a few months when she discovered she was expecting twins. At six months pregnant, she went into early labour. It was calmed with medicatino, but she had to be on strict bedrest for the rest of her pregnancy. She gave birth to twins Aliannah and Aleeah on December 16, 2009.
After the twins' birth, the relationship between Messer and Simms became strained. Messer sacrificed everything in her senior year in order to graduate, take care of her twins, and work on her relationship with Simms. As a couple they weathered many ups and downs, as documented on the show, from trust issues to numerous doctor visits with their daughter Ali (Aliannah).
Messer and Simms separated briefly in early 2010, as Messer was unsure about what she wanted. During this time she briefly began seeing her ex-boyfriend Robbie Kidd.
Messer and Simms soon decided to revive their relationship and became engaged in 2010. They married in October 2010, just before the twins' first birthday. In April 2011 Messer admitted to infidelity. Messer and Simms divorced in June 2011.
Messer and Simms became concerned for daughter Ali whenthey noticed that she was developing slower then her sister Aleeah. After numerous trips to the doctor and after carrying out many tests, the two eventually learned that Ali suffers from Titin muscular dystrophy, a very rare form of the disorder that has only ever been found in adults.
In August 2011 Leah started dating Jeremy Calvert and the two quickly became engaged over the Christmas holidays in December 2011, and announced that they were expecting. In January 2012 Messer suffered a miscarriage.
Messer and Calvert married on April 4, 2012. Their daughter Adalynn Faith was born on February 4, 2013, five weeks early.
Teen Mom 2 Edit
- Ep 1 'Nothing Stays The Same' -- Leah tries to win back Corey, the father of her twin baby girls.
- Ep 2 'So Much to Lose' -- When a doctor reveals that something is wrong with one of her twins, Leah breaks down and turns to Corey for comfort.
- Ep 3 'Change of Heart' -- Leah and Corey get back together.
- Ep 4 'Moving In, Moving On' -- Leah and Corey move in together.
- Ep 5 'Too Much Too Fast' -- Things get tough for Corey and Leah when Leah's left at home to look after the girls alone.
- Ep 6 'Taking Sides' -- Things improve between Leah and Corey as their romance hots up.
- Ep 7 'Switching Gears' -- Corey surprises Leah with a marriage proposal. Leah finds out that her daughter Ali's developmental problems may originate in her brain.
- Ep 8 'Pushing the Limit' -- Leah and Corey put their wedding plans on hold to take Ali for an MRI.
- Ep 9 'Slippery Slope' -- Leah and Corey continue wedding planning and receive good news about Ali's health.
- Ep 10 'Two Steps Forward' -- Leah and Corey's relationship begins to turn sour when Leah has second thoughts about their wedding.
- Ep 11 'One Step Back' -- Leah and Corey get closer when they're told Ali needs to visit a doctor days before their wedding.
- Ep 12 'Judgement Day' -- Leah and Corey tie the knot.
- Ep 13 'Reunion' -- The teen moms look back at their year with Dr. Drew.
- Ep 1 'Under Pressure' -- Leah continues to rethink her feelings about Corey.
- Ep 2 'Love Hurts' -- Leah tells Corey about her feelings towards him.
- Ep 3 'The Future is Now' -- Leah can't pick between Corey and Jeremy.
- Ep 4 'Faded Love' -- Jeremy and Corey have a discussion regarding Jeremy's intentions towards Leah.
- Ep 5 'So Hard to Say Goodbye' -- Leah chooses who she truly wants to be with.
- Ep 6 'Fall to Pieces' -- Leah begins planning her upcoming wedding.
- Ep 7 'For Better or For Worse' -- Leah and Jeremy get married.
- Ep 8 'Don't Be Cruel' -- Leah and Jeremy start their new life by buying a house.
- Ep 9 'Sweet Dreams' -- Leah tries to contact her biological father.
- Ep 11 'Hard Knocks' -- Leah takes Ali to a doctor's appointment.
- Ep 12 'The End of the Road' -- Leah's daughter Ali endures medical tests.
Season 5 Edit
- Ep 1 'Revelations' -- Leah has difficulty coping with Ali's latest diagnosis.
- Ep 2 'Love Will Never Do Without You' -- Leah takes a break and goes on vacation.
- Ep 3 'Keep Your Head Up' -- Leah learns that Ali will need a wheelchair.
- Ep 7 'These Are The Days' -- Leah, Jeremy and Corey discuss how Ali will handle school.
- Ep 10 'We Belong Together' -- Leah is furious when Jeremy rejects a local job offer.
- Ep 11 'Out of the Blue' -- Leah has a hard time when Jeremy is away; Ali receives her new wheelchair.
- Ep 12 'What You See is Not What You Get' -- Leah and Jeremy take time to focus on themselves.
- Ep 13 'That's The Way Love Goes' -- Leah learns what causes Ali's illness.
- Ep 14 'Keep It Together' -- Leah and Jeremy are surprised when Ali voices her opinions about her muscular dystrophy.
- Ep 15 'When Everything Seems Wrong' -- Leah has a hard time balancing work and motherhood.