Leah Dawn Calvert (née Messer; previously Simms) is a country girl and former cheerleader from a small town called Elkview, West Virginia.
Messer and then boyfriend Corey Simms had only been dating for a few months when she discovered she was expecting twins. At six months pregnant, she went into early labour, which was calmed with medication; however, it meant that she had to be on strict bed rest for the rest of the pregnancy. Two months later on December 16, 2009 Leah gave birth to twins Aliannah and Aleeah.
After the twins' birth, the relationship between Messer and Simms became strained. Messer sacrificed everything in her senior year in order to graduate, take care of her twins and work on her relationship with Simms. As a couple they weathered many ups and downs, as documented on the show, from trust issues, to numerous doctor visits with their daughter Ali (Aliannah).
Messer and Simms separate briefly in early 2010, as Messer is unsure about what she wants. It is during this period of separation that she begins seeing her ex-boyfriend Robbie Kidd, however the relationship soon ends.
Messer and Simms soon decide to revive their relationship and become engaged in 2010. In October 2010, just before the twins’ first birthday the two got married. In April 2011 Messer admits to infidelity. Messer and Simms divorced in June 2011.
Messer and Simms became concerned for daughter Ali as they noticed that she was developing slower then her sister Aleeah. After numerous trips to the doctor and after carrying out many test, the two eventually learn that Ali suffers from Titin muscular dystrophy, a very rare form of the disorder that has only ever been found in adults.
In August 2011 Leah started dating Jeremy Calvert and the two quickly became engaged over the Christmas Holidays in December 2011. It is in the December that the pair announce that they are expecting their frist chid together. Sadly in January 2012 Messer suffered a miscarriage.
Messer and Calvert married on April 4, 2012. They have one daughter together Adalynn Faith who was born on February 4, 2013, five weeks earlier than expected.
Teen Mom 2 Edit
- Ep 1 'Nothing Stays The Same' -- Leah tries to win back Corey, the father of her twin baby girls.
- Ep 2 'So Much to Lose' -- Leah breaks down when a doctor reveals something is wrong with one of her twins. She turns to Corey for comfort.
- Ep 3 'Change of Heart' -- Leah and Corey get back together.
- Ep 4 'Moving In, Moving On' -- Leah and Corey move in together.
- Ep 5 'Too Much Too Fast' -- Things get tough for Corey and Leah when Leah's left at home to look after the girls alone.
- Ep 6 'Taking Sides' -- Things improve between Leah and Corey as their romance hots up.
- Ep 7 'Switching Gears' -- Corey surprises Leah with a marriage proposal. Leah finds out that her daughter, Ali's developmental problems may originate in her brain.
- Ep 8 'Pushing the Limit' -- Leah and Corey put their wedding plans on hold so they can take Ali for an MRI.
- Ep 9 'Slippery Slope' -- Leah and Corey continue wedding planning and receive good news about Ali's health.
- Ep 10 'Two Steps Forward' -- Leah and Corey's relationship begins to turn sour when Leah has second thoughts about their wedding.
- Ep 11 'One Step Back' -- Leah and Corey get closer again when they're told Ali needs to visit a doctor days before their wedding.
- Ep 12 'Judgement Day' -- Leah and Corey tie the knot.
- Ep 13 'Reunion' -- The teen moms look back at their year with Dr. Drew.
- Ep 1 'Under Pressure' -- Leah continues to rethink her feelings about Corey.
- Ep 2 'Love Hurts' -- Leah tells Corey about her feelings towards him.
- Ep 3 'The Future is Now' -- Leah can't pick between Corey and Jeremy.
- Ep 4 'Faded Love' -- Jeremy and Corey have a discussion regarding Jeremy's intentions towards Leah.
- Ep 5 'So Hard to Say Goodbye' -- Leah chooses who she truly wants to be with.
- Ep 6 'Fall to Pieces' -- Leah begins planning her upcoming wedding.
- Ep 7 'For Better or For Worse' -- Leah and Jeremy get married.
- Ep 8 'Don't Be Cruel' -- Leah and Jeremy start their new life by purchasing a home.
- Ep 9 'Sweet Dreams' -- Leah tries to contact her biological father.
- Ep 11 'Hard Knocks' -- Leah takes Ali to a doctor's appointment.
- Ep 12 'The End of the Road' -- Leah's daughter, Ali, endures medical tests.
Season 5 Edit
- Ep 1 'Revelations' -- Leah finds it difficult to cope with Ali's latest diagnosis.
- Ep 2 'Love Will Never Do Without You' -- Leah takes a break and goes on vacation.
- Ep 3 'Keep Your Head Up' -- Leah learns that Ali will need a wheelchair.
- Ep 7 'These Are The Days' -- Leah, Jeremy and Corey discuss how Ali will handle school.
- Ep 10 'We Belong Together' -- Leah is furious when Jeremy rejects a local job offer.
- Ep 11 'Out of the Blue' -- Leah has a hard time when Jeremy is away whilst Ali receives her new wheelchair.
- Ep 12 'What You See is Not What You Get' -- Leah and Jeremy take time to focus on themselves.
- Ep 13 'That's The Way Love Goes' -- Leah learns what causes Ali's illness.
- Ep 14 'Keep It Together' -- Leah and Jeremy are surprised when Ali voices her opinions about her muscular dystrophy.
- Ep 15 'When Everything Seems Wrong' -- Leah has a hard time trying to work while being a mother.